It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Nal & wellbutrin/lexapro interaction
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:32 pm 

I will start tomorrow with Naltrexone but am wondering if any complications if I am also taking small doses of Lexapro & Wellbutrin (10 mg each) will interfere/interact or reduce effectiveness of the Nal ?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Nal & wellbutrin/lexapro interaction
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:53 pm 

Tom, this has been addressed on the forum before. Try doing a search of SSRI and Wellbutrin separately and you should find the posts. Both Wellbutrin and Lexapro have known alcohol interactions that you can google and read about. Welcome to the board.

(Nothing in this post should be construed as medical advice. Always consult your prescribing physician for possible drug interactions when taking multiple drugs)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:31 pm 

Definitely not a medical advice of any sorts - only my own experience:

I was quitting smoking with bupropion (=Wellbutrin, Zyban) and doing TSM at the same time. My bupropion dosage was twice daily 150 mg. No complications of any kind (even had liver enzymes checked, was OK on every level). Bupropion is supposed to increase chance of seizure when coupled with alcohol. When I checked existing literature, it looked like this was based on mice studies and only happened to a significant degree at dosages several-fold higher than what would be for humans at 300 mg daily. But, of course, excessive alcohol consumption has potential to do a lot of bad things, so one always have to be careful.

Also notice that combination of naltrexone and bupropion is a new anti-obesity drug Contrave. It is prescribed as 32 mg naltrexone, 360 mg bupropion daily. Check if prescription info for Contrave is very alarming with regard to alcohol consumption.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:38 pm 

The patient is willing to take the doses of naltrexone in future. The disease is not getting cured with the intake of previous medicine which is linked with papercheap.co.uk review for the health. Naltrexone is taken for the improvement of the muscles and all such issues of the health of the man.

Profile E-mail