It is currently Tue May 21, 2019 8:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Nalmefene vs Naltrexone
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:40 am 

My question here is the standard dosage of Nalmefene is 18mg (one tablet) verses Naltrexone 50mg (one tablet). There is much reference to take Naltrexone one hour before 1st drink, the time in system and the benefits of reinforcing good behaviours, spicy food, exercise etc. after 48 hours of last Naltrexone. Is all these references still true for the Nalmefene 18mg dosage.

Are there any differences at all between Naltrexone and Nalmefene?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Nalmefene vs Naltrexone
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:56 am 

Having tried both,they both work equally well in blunting the pleasure of drinking. I have no problems whatsoever with naltrexone, but have horrendous dreams and can't sleep at all after nalmefene.

Nalmefene is also significantly more expensive and very difficult to find.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:37 am 

I used Naltrexone for TSM when I was drinking.

I have also tried Selincro (nalmefene) more recently to try and put myself off the food binges which seem to have replaced the alcohol.

Selincro(nalmefene) seems to be stronger and has more side effects than Naltrexone.

Selincro is in theory easier to get hold of in the UK than Naltrexone, and that is the reason I used it. Selincro is licensed on the NHS for use with alcoholics, whilst Naltrexone is not and there is a UK website which will issue a prescription and deliver within 24 hours.

I would guess that because of the licensing anyone in the UK approaching their GP (personal Dr) would probably be issued with Selincro these days. It is also approximately triple the cost of Naltrexone.

Cravings eliminated Sept 2011
Now fully in control, alcohol no longer bothers me. Chose to go AF from 22nd July 2013.
TSM set me free

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:06 am 

Both experience over all from the different of the parts have gone on the logically matters while using to get that. References from the agriculture assignment writing service for this part of the difference pleasure has to be normal for older.

Profile E-mail