It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: hey guys I am new here
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:20 am 

hi there
I have been a heavy binge drinker for the past 30 years. I drink until I reach a total blackout, until total loss of control, until I am found lying in the street with my pants pissed. I developed some 'control' over the last 3 years so I manage my binges. Now they occur once in 2-3 weeks instead of the previous 2-3 times per week. My family and I went through hell and back as you can imagine, 30 years of that terror took a toll on everything.

I tried to sober up after every binge, swore myself never again a million times over, went into rehab, took baclofen for 3 years up to 400mg/day, though never reached the 'switch' and was taking Naltrexone for 5 years after rehab because it was described to me as an anti craving medication. This was back in 2001, nobody knew about TSM. No wonder nothing happened, I drank like before.

With Selincro (Nalmefen) new hope arrived, it wasn't long I got my self a few packs of this very expensive med. I took it (maybe 2-3 years ago) without knowing about TSM. I took one and funnily I felt so buzzed up already that I didn't even drink a swig of booze. The second time I think I had 2 small beers after it and than I gave up since I couldn't handle the SE's (or better I didn't want to handle them, I preferred to get totally hammered)

Now I started another attempt last week Friday I took one Selincro and felt. again so buzzed that I didn't drink a swig after it. Than I took another one Monday, waited to hours and had 7 drinks after it. Yesterday I took it and had 6 drinks. Before that I had 30-40 !! drinks in one session!!! I couldn't stop, not for the sake of it, now way. if this goes on like that I am the happiest man on earth, I could have a real life again...

thanks for leting me write here
colorblind

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: hey guys I am new here
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:47 am 

Welcome, Colorblind and thanks for sharing your journey with us! It sounds like TSM is a good fit for you. Keep working that "control" you mentioned, mindfulness during a drinking session can be a huge aid to the process.

How long will your doctor be giving you a script for Selincro?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:41 am 

HI JoeSixPack
I have no issues getting scripts for Selincro from my physician, I guess he will prescribe them to me as long as I will need them.
I have a question though, I never drank every day, more kind of a weekend binger however now with TSM I am more or less forced to drink more frequently, in order to get to the extinction stage... do I understand that correctly?
thanks
CB

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:22 pm 

Hi, CB. Is there a reason you're taking Selincro/Nalmefene in lieu of Naltrexone? One might presume you're in the UK, but lest you have the option Naltrexone would be easier in every way on you. As for TSM and the binger I think the general consensus is to have a few extinction episodes each week. A single drink will achieve such.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:14 am 

Hi Bardo
Thanks for your hint. I am from continental Europe though work internationally, currently in the central Africa I have some 40 selincro on me, had them for some time and use them now since I have currently no access to Naltrexone.
After having had 2 sessions with Selincro the SEs are manageable so I stick with it for the time being. As to your extinction hint, to be honest I am a bit scared to drink more frequently than I normally do but I will do it, in the moment It plays out 1 day pill + drinks 1 day no pill no drink.
I have however observed that my craving patterns have changed due to the more frequent intake of AL they come more often than usual..guess that's part of the cure

thanks and all the best
CB

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:47 am 

welcome, Colorblind. follow protocol and TSM could really be a lifesaver for you. good luck!

months 7-12: avg 13/2 AF/wk
months 13-18: avg 11/3 AF/wk

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: incredible thinhs happen
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:11 am 

Hi everyone

I am experiencing these exiting moments with TSM. I am a binger who drank 30-40 drinks in one sitting and now is am on TSM for my first week. I am on Selincro, the drug is no joke, the SEs massive, I have to try to get Naltrexone.
Selincro and booze works, no doubt, I had 2 pints of beer yesterday and just couldn't continue with a 3rd, its just amazing for a guy who never was able to stop before total blackout. I really hope that continues..
thanks everyone here
CB

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:42 am 

TSM does tend to be up and down, so don't be disappointed if your drinking creeps back up for a bit. It's called the "Honeymoon" effect and it's rare that I see a graph that doesn't show that. If you don't have a log and graph, here's a link to one:

http://optionssavelives.freeforums.net/ ... recent/424

If you have to go to Europe from time to time, I understand that Naltrexone is available over the counter at pharmacies in France and Spain for a pretty reasonable price, like 3 packs of 28 for less than 100 euro. Do take care if you're going through UAE countries though, it's a scheduled substance there.

But yes, TSM is well known to be a bit of a roller coaster, so your drinking will most likely go up and down, up and down. If you use the graph, you should notice that it's going down on the whole though. You've had such a clear confirmation from the Selincro, I've no doubt that TSM is working for you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:58 am 

Thanks Joe
I read here that its going up an down. I am a bit worried taking Naltrexone, I took them for years without any result however not is a TSM way. I have a drinking diary and so far it looks as follows

Monday 6 drinks
Wednesday 6
Friday 3

the rest was AF

will continue, goal is extinction with the occasional social drink
Thanks
CB

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:50 pm 

The honeymoon was great, but short. 10 days into TSM I went into a monster binge with all its negative consequences , like loss of control and total blackout. I could not feel the brakes in the brain at all, as if the pills have lost all their magic
I am disappointed but will go on

Profile E-mail