It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Quick little update
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:38 pm 

I have had good luck with Nal; decreased my drinking pretty quickly and have kept it low. Last night, I went out with friends. We were having dinner and drinks. I had popped a Nal earlier as usual. I ordered a martini along with some apps. I had my drink, ate my apps, and the server came around for more orders. Everyone was ordering a second round, and I ordered a second martini with dinner, and then when it came, I looked at it and thought "Blech! I dont even want this." So it just sat there, and I felt dumb about wasting $10, but I was happy anyway. And never in a million years would I have believed this possible.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Quick little update
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:26 pm 

Well done, Constance! What's your intake been like the past couple of months?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:13 am 

Typically about two glasses of wine a night. I actually like the taste of wine; I kind of wish I didn't. But I can live with that level of intake.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:55 am 

Constance,

It is wonderful that you are seeing such wonderful results!

Be proud that you left that drink.

I enjoy my wine my wine as well, but it adds on to many unwanted calories and at this time of my life I cannot afford.

Thanks for the update and nal on,

Jaba

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:22 am 

That's great, Constance! Keep on rollin'!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:09 pm 

It's an amazing feeling to not want a drink isn't it!

Cheers

MD

Month 2 17.5 units 2.75 AF
Month 3 18 units 3.25 AF
Month 4 15 units 2 AF
Month 5 13 units 4.25 AF
Week 21 17 units 2 AFD
Week 22 9 units 5 AFD
Week 23 13.5 units 2 AFD

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:52 pm 

Yes indeed Mod drinker., I had 2 beers this evening, only because I've been feeling really zonked and exhausted and sleeping way too much after having several AF days, so I thought I maybe need to balance out my alcohol level in my body a bit and see if I feel better tomorrow. The first beer I almost finished, but left a third in the Pub, the second I had at home had to put some lemonade in it as I've really gone off the taste and still couldn't drink it left two thirds of it and went to bed, my partner was gobsmacked seeing I'd left most of it (having challenged me earlier about having a drink). I don't get any buzz from it anymore and as I say gone off the taste of all drinks I used to really enjoy the taste of. This has been an amazing journey and the support on here has been so helpful and reassuring. I've been reluctant to say I've beaten it up til now, but this evening that's exactly how I feel, even though things in my personal life are not going too well at the moment, turning to alcohol just doesn't appeal.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:11 am 

Boo,

Please keep updating all of us. It's so uplifting to read this, especially as I'm brand new.

Chris

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:41 am 

PBLISS/CHRIS I just posted in the Cured list if you are interested. I am 5 1/2 months into TSM and it is totally working, had some ups and downs with the drinking ie drinking through to try to get the buzz, that doesn't appeal or happen now. Had a lot of rows with my partner who has not made much effort to understand TSM. The SEs were a big problem for me, very very bad initially and continued to be fairly bad for a few months, but I would tolerate the side effects any day for the reduction in drinking I have made. I'll keep posting and hope this safe limits/AF days/ not interested in al continues.
I would say there are 2 things that were important in my journey.
1 taking my Nalmafene (UK drug) 2 hours before I drank, sometime this was hard and I failed because I just couldn't wait the 2 hours!
2 Drinking mindfully, this was particularly hard for me as I was a binger and a bolter, drinking very fast to get the buzz. Once I was doing those 2 things with more consistency things just came together. Good luck with your journey, I hope I'll continue with this success, I only say that because thinking back to pre TSM it is still hard to believe my progress. Life is so much better when not alcohol dependent!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:01 am 

Great post, Boo!

Profile E-mail