It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tamara_M's Experience
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:29 pm 

haven't heard from you for a while Tamara - hope you're doing okay. please check in if you have the chance

-badger

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:08 am 

I was just thinking of you, too, Tamara. I hope all is well. I still include you in my morning visualizations.

Week 28-42 not tracking

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:47 pm 

Sorry I've been gone so long. Feeling guilty. Wasn't always taking the nal, so was getting drunk a lot. I would think I wound't need one for the day, and then didn't wait. I should just take it when I get up, because I will drink. Been wanting to drink like crazy even when I don't feel well the next day after drinking the day before. Yes we do have to follow the golden rule.

Don't know what my problem is. Think I still want to escape. Feel very guilty.

wk 15 11/0AF

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:27 pm 

Tamara -

You might get some benefit from checking out SmartRecovery, seems they have some tools that go well with Nal.

OTOH, at 3.5 months, it might take more time to realize the benefits of the Nal.

Be aware too, that AUD might be due to an underlying behavioral problem and as you uncover that, you might get uncomfortable, so keep a sharp eye out for physical and/or mental health issues that might be contributing to the AUD.

All in all, though, it looks like you're in range and doing fairly OK. Def keep the Golden Rule, don't want to be retraining the brain to go for the bottle.

Do you drink without the Nal even when it's handy, or do you find yourself without Nal in some situations?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:42 am 

Tamara,

I am glad you have posted for we have been worried and thinking about you.

Yes, the go a head and take the nal as soon as you get up.

If you are drinking everyday, maybe look into getting the pellet. It lasts about 30 days and then you would be covered without thought. Another TSMer had issues with compliance and she found the pellet very helpful. It cost more money, but she said her insurance covered it (and even sent her a reminder that it was due).

Tamara_M wrote:
Don't know what my problem is. Think I still want to escape. Feel very guilty.
Tis the season for the reason! I get the holiday blues and it makes me feel the exact same way.

Hang in there Tamara, for it will get better.

Jaba

Last edited by jaba on Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:01 pm 

I would decide to drink and not want to wait, then drink and take the nal at the same time. Or a few times I just didn't take it. I have complied the past few days and it does work when I do that, just amazing, lol. I do love the effect of alcohol, so a few times I just wanted to numb out and did.

It all makes so much sense. If I'd comply, then when I drank I would get drunk and would have to find other things to cope. Like knitting socks. Knitting helps me pass the time.

I'm not giving up damnit!!!

All of you are so helpful and encouraging. Thank you, and

Merry Christmas!

wk 15 11/0AF

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:52 pm 

Tamara,

Good for you for not giving up. It is a long road, but TSM will get you there. But, compliance is a must (which I know you know). Taking the nal and not waiting is something I have done (waited 30 minutes), so I understand what you mean. There are times in my life that I still want that buzz...but not enough to go down that rabbit hole, for I like having control more than that buzz.

I am envious that you know how to knit, for I could never get the hang of it (my old roommate could knit a sweater in a day). I think keeping your hands busy is a really good past time to keep you from drinking (and eating for that matter).

Keep up your spirits,

Jaba

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:29 pm 

Jaba, thank you for your comment.

I learned to knit as a child, but haven't really been very good. Recently I purchased some knitting classes from Crafsy, one to make socks, and it's helped me so much. I can watch over and over a trouble spot for me, and it really helped.

wk 15 11/0AF

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:06 pm 

Lately I've been getting a headache after drinking 3 drinks or so. Anyone else have this happen? It's at the top of my neck. Or the bottom of the head. Is this the Nal headache I've heard of?

wk 15 11/0AF

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:30 am 

Tamara,

I get headaches a lot. I would call your doctor to see if something else is going on. It sounds like a tension headache if you are saying it is in the back of your head (and not the front). If you are bending your head while knitting it could be that tension from being in a new position and not moving a lot.

If it is in the front, please contact your doctor.

Jaba

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next