It is currently Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Naltrexone WARNING: AllDayChemist.com
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:59 pm 

Hi there,

Upon searching for a source to purchase Naltrexone from, I stumbled upon this forum site and ended up reading the debate on the effectiveness between the different Nal brands (Naltima vs Nodict). So it led me to AllDayChemist.com (online pharmacy), where I could get the Naltima brand - which from my understanding is the brand that won out amongst TSM community.

After reading the "What should I avoid while taking Naltrexone" under Product Description (on ADC), it stated the following:
Avoid the consumption of alcohol and narcotic drugs while you are taking Naltrexone HCl medication (Revia, Naltima). Don’t attempt to overcome the effects of this medication by having large amounts of alcohol and narcotic substance. This may result in catastrophic effects and can also cause coma and death.

So I'm wondering why it says to avoid alcohol while taking Nal, when isn't that sort of the point of this method? Does anyone have any information or opinion of how dangerous it is, and has there been any linked "coma or death" to this method?

Just take Nal 1 hour prior to drinking and pray that you don't go into coma or end up dead? (Or am I looking at the wrong product all-together?)

Any advice/feedback would be greatly appreciated - thank you much!

Post subject: Re: Naltrexone WARNING: AllDayChemist.com
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:39 pm 

hi Woodrow,

welcome to the forum :)

Naltrexone *is* what you're looking for, either Naltima & Nodict is fine

TSM isn't a widely known treatment & Naltrexone is usually used alongside abstinence, so the general directions are to avoid alcohol. however, if you chase the buzz & drink to excess, then all the usual dangers of excessive alcohol consumption apply, up to and including death. taking Naltrexone with opiates is particularly hazardous as the high will be blocked & the person may take an excessive dose, at which point the dangers of opiate overdose - eg respiratory failure - are possible

if you haven't read it already, I would recommend reading/downloading the "The Cure for Alcoholism" book which explains TSM from here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/60fs7gmvbyzs1kk/Cure%20for%20Alcoholism.pdf?dl=0

all the best

-badger

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:28 pm 

Woodrow,

I wanted to welcome you as well. I think badger did sum it up; however, I would like to point you to the C-3 foundation or the "Options Saves Lives" forum, for they would be able to help you as well.

I have yet to hear anyone doing TSM causing coma and death; however, I have heard of heroine addicts overdosing after being on nal.

As with any drug it is advised to consult your doctor to make sure that Naltrexone does not conflict with your current medication; if you are currently not using a physician to do TSM there are "alcohol counsellors" at the Options Saves lives forum and C-3. JoAnn is one of the counsellors that has been through TSM and is very helpful in guiding people through the program. And I would check with your local pharmacy to make sure there would not be adverse reaction to your current medicine before taking the NAL.

We are all trying to control our alcohol intake while taking the naltrexone and we will all try to drink within healthy limits; however, when drinking heavy there will come the possibility of causing our liver enzyme to be elevated.

Good luck,

Jaba

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:32 pm 

Thanks for the welcome and thank you for the feedback and resources! I appreciate it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:55 pm 

Yes, naltrexone and alcohol can cause problems. Esp. liver problems. That is why I decided to find a doctor to prescribe. I wanted someone who would monitor my liver, etc. You might feel more comfortable going that route than just ordering it off the internet. Best of luck!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 5:04 am 

Before starting any discussion and posting on the forum you may first read the review and rules of that particular blog. Try to use the boom essays reviews you may find some better results at the same time which will help you out.

Profile E-mail