It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Doctor in British Columbia - Does remote/online appointments
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:51 pm 

This doctor is set up to do online/remote appointments. He is willing to prescribe Naltrexone as long as there are no other factors that would be contradictory (if the patient was on narcotics, for instance). He is able to do appointments without additional cost for those with BC Medical and can do appointments for those in other provinces for a $50 fee. The only downside is that his prescriptions are only valid at BC Pharmacies so if you don't live in BC you would have to have a way to get the RX (maybe might work for someone in Alberta who could make a trip into BC once every couple of months?)

The Doctor is Mike Figurski and you can make an online appointment with him here: http://mousecall.md/. I have seen Dr. Figurski myself a number of times and he has seen my children on several occasions. I find him very competent and his bedside manner very good. He has seen my child when injured and in distress and has seen me when I was dealing with my drinking and having a hard time and in both scenerios he has always been calm, reassuring, curious, and professional. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone in need of a doctor to support them while doing TSM.

Hope this helps!

Jephiner.

5/19.5/3
6/16.2/2
7/23.4/1
8/26.8/1
9/18.7/3
10/19.3/2
week 10 - 16 - haven't been tracking

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Doctor in British Columbia - Does remote/online appointments
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:55 am 

Thanx for sharing about the Doctor in British Columbia. I want to let you know my Doctor in North India. You know India? Get the best doctors and experts in Sofat Infertility. :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:42 am 

Thanks Jephiner, I am also in BC and got 3 months prescription from my Doctor in the beginning on the premise I did not drink. The Nal was super expensive and my Extended Medical did not cover it. Anyway my Doctor would not give me anymore so I have been ordering online from alldaychemist which even though it is in US $ it is much less expensive. The only downside is they do not ship to Canada so I have to go down to the US and pick it up and get it across the Border.
How much do you pay Canadian for yours? If I can't get to the US then I will go this route but I guess will have to pay more?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:57 am 

Naltrexone in BC is about $300 per month, but one can apply for Plan G if you are on BC Pharmacare which covers the medication completely once you reach your deductible. Your deductible is based on your income. A prescription written by a BC physician should be good in any province in Canada.

The Interior Chemical Dependency Office also does telehealth via secure video conferencing for anyone in Canada. Contact info@chemicaldependency.ca to set up an appointment.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:44 am 

Thanks Doctor.

I hear some US States will fill prescriptions written by Canadian doctors, but not all. I saw a post that indicated Washington state will and so will Texas, but you should check that out beforehand for sure. Oregon will not, due to their laws. If they will, then you could probably use GoodRx.com to get a hefty discount. GoodRx provides a "coupon" and gives a list of local pharmacies that you could use it at, as well as showing the cash price and "GoodRx" price at those pharmacies. I get 30 tablets of Nal for about $40 US that way. You can certainly use it for other meds as well, just make sure the pharmacy has them in stock and will honor the coupon. My doctor says that some pharmacies will only honor so many coupons for a certain period of time, so if they won't honor it at that time, ask them what day of the month they "reset" that policy and start accepting the coupons again. I'd initially gotten a Rx for Gabapentin with the coupon, when I went back in a week later for the Nal, they had already applied the coupon for me!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:12 am 

I have been going through Mike Figurski online and also went into to see him too.P harmacare could not help me out until I spent about $1200.00 on meds???

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:04 am 

Cheeto -

I didn't realize you'd already talked to Mike. Is a trip from home to the US border inconvenient? Maybe an adjacent US state will honor your prescription?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:04 am 

This British doctor can do appointments online because it is not interested in face to face meeting as they can design an online portal. Thus evidently essaymama teaches you the way of making an online portals.

Profile E-mail