It is currently Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Doctor in NY or NJ
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:49 pm 

I would like a recomm. of a Dr in NJ r NY City. Thank for the help!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Doctor in NY or NJ
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:26 am 

Dr. Eskapa has posted
Stephen Gilman, M.D.
Addiction Psychiatrist, NYC
212-717-9138
http://www.gilman.yourmd.com

as a resource. I have had a hard time finding a physician who will prescribe. I have been calling psychiatrists but many do not see patients with addiction problems (and also some do not accept my insurance). I have found that if you call your county mental health board number (you could probably find online, each county has one), you can call and ask to speak with someone who has a "private referral list" or just a "referral list", and tell them you are looking for a psychiatrist who deals with addiction. Be aware--- most places I contacted do not accept patients who are currently using alcohol. So keep that in mind when you are making the appointment, many people are still prescribing naltrexone with abstinence.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:07 am 

Thank you! I ordered Naltrexone via River Pharmacy do you know if it is reliable? I am thinking getting the ed and follow the book way to take it what do you think since it has been so hard here...Also hw is this treatment in Montreal any better luck? Thanks again

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:32 pm 

I've heard thhe nal from river is legit. i ordered my first batch from alldaychemist and it was good

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Doctor in NY or NJ - any luck ?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:00 am 

la60 - any luck finding a Nal doc in NJ/NY metro area ?

Chris in Montclair NJ.
(not on TSM yet but plan to in about 2 months)

Prelude to TSM kickoff on Dec 21, 2010: 35 days of abstinence.
Before 35 days of abstinence: 60-75 units/week.
TSM Week 1: 48 units (US); 1AF
TSM Week 2: 56.5units (US); 0AF
TSM Week 3: 42.5units (US); 1AF

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:26 pm 

I see someone who has office hours in both Lakewood and Asbury Park. If that might work for you, PM me and I can give you contact info.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:11 am 

I saw Dr. Gilman so, for those in NYC, here is my personal assessment. First, he doesn't accept insurance, so you will have to handle the out of network reimbursements yourself. He was familiar with the Sinclair method, but I can't say that I found him to strongly endorse the method.

During my sessions I sometimes found him to be distracted, and he would ask me a lot of "how did that make you feel" or "tell me about that" type questions, yet annoyingly, wouldn't provide any insight or feedback. In fact, I had to stop him at times and say, "well, now, what do you think about that?" "How do you think I should be handling this or that"; "What strategies should I try to help me drink less in this situation, or how should I be thinking about this?" His answers were still somewhat vague and unhelpful.

The other annoying aspect of Dr. Gilman is that he was clearly using the medication as a way to lock me into having to see him more frequently than necessary. He would only give a prescription for the time between visits, sometimes a bit more and he would call in a prescription if we had something on the calendar, but he never provided the ability to get refills. So just be prepared around that lock in.

On the positive side, he did get my medication protocol correct. He introduced Campral to the mix and I had excellent results combining that with the Naltrexone. Campral on its own, apparently, isn't very effective, but combined with Nal it can be highly complimentary. In my case, it really killed any cravings.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:12 pm 

The doctor has raised the level of the treatment of the patients. Most of the facilities of the doctors and essayontime.com.au review are affiliated for the consumption of the environment for the shapes. This chunk is faced for the looting items or the reforms and all are ahrefs for the fieldwork for all options.

Profile E-mail