It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Doctor in the San Francisco Bay Area?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:56 am 

Does anyone know of a doctor willing to prescribe Naltrexone who is in the San Francisco Bay area? Thank you in advance.

Started TSM Aug 2012. Had some success but over time the Nal SEs were so awful that stopped taking Nal. Managed a 30 day (Sept 2012) and 46 day (Feb/Mar 2013) AF period which also contributed to getting drinking under control.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Doctor in the San Francisco Bay Area?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:11 pm 

I'm in Reno, not too far from you. I wish I could give you the answer you want, but I can tell you that Dr. Philip Rich in Reno is probably willing to prescribe if you just explain it to him. Please don't ask how I know this. But I have met him and I can tell you that:
a) he's a brilliant diagnostician
b) very good psychiatrist/clinician
c) very firm believer in "better living through modern chemistry".

I can say that Dr. Rich is very kind, very interested in his patients progress, and very sympathetic to hearing patient's ideas about treatment. I have sought help from him for manic depression and received very good care. I have problems revealing my issues with alcohol to him, but it's not because of HIM or his treatments, etc....it's about something I believe will happen politically in the USA. I have good reason to believe that Dr Rich would be very sympathetic to the Sinclair Method and I intuitively sense he knows about it already....
His bedside manner is very kind. He almost seems "high" himself. LOL. He is very compassionate to things like panic attacks, and other mental health issues. I cannot imagine him turning anyone away for anything.
I hope that helps if you can't find anyone else.

Love,
pyrata

Week 2: Avg. units : 43

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:06 pm 

Dear Pyrata,
Thank you so much for your reply! Reno is about 5 hours from me but I will certainly consider contacting him if things get desperate. Today, I spoke to Alldaychemist and they are reshipping my order. While my initial order did not make it thru customs, Alldaychemist has been very responsive to try to make things right. If I strike out on the second attempt, I may reach out to your suggestion.

Thank you again and good luck on your journey.

Started TSM Aug 2012. Had some success but over time the Nal SEs were so awful that stopped taking Nal. Managed a 30 day (Sept 2012) and 46 day (Feb/Mar 2013) AF period which also contributed to getting drinking under control.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:11 pm 

God bless you too, and you're welcome!
also, riverpharmacy.ca (there might be a dash in there somewhere) has really been a blessing to me, in case you need that route also.

No matter what happens to me, and how this goes for me, I really believe in the science behind this. don't give up!!

Much love and peace,
pyrata

ps - if you get to Reno and want to hang out and take meds with somebody, you know where to find me. (here. :) ) I'd be happy to provide moral support and buy the first round of "medicine".

Week 2: Avg. units : 43

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:28 pm 

:lol: If I only lived closer Pyrata---that would be great to hang out and take meds together LOL! It's very comforting to be able to really communicate what is going on with our internal struggles with folks on this board.

Thanks again.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:14 pm 

I live in Florida but just got back from my primary care doc with my script for naltrexone. I had to lie through my teeth and tell him that someone at an AA meeting suggested it for help with cravings. I've seen the prices for the on-line pharmacies and was quite relieved when my insurance co-pay was only $10 for 30 pills. It might be well worth it to make up a story and pretend you are trying to be abstinent. Best of luck.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:48 am 

The pharmacies don’t provide the medicine without doctor prescription because most of the medicines are very dangerous and might damage your health. I must suggest grabbing aussie writer update and such information help to make you aware of important aspects.

Profile E-mail